Management of the Village Hall
The Parish Council are custodial trustees (owners for Wethersfield parishioners) for the property but administer the hall through the Village Hall Management Committee for the benefit of the inhabitants and every club in the village has representative rights on the committee.
The committee meets the first Wednesday in the months of February, April, June, August, October starting at 7.30 pm in the small hall.
The Annual General Meeting is held in December when all officers step down and nominations for the next year taken. Immediately after the AGM a special committee meeting elects the officers.
Club representatives do not need re-election, their clubs simply nominate them.
Clubs with nomination rights:
- Two by the Wethersfield Women’s Institute
- Two by the Wethersfield Friendship Club (currently not active)
- Two by the Wethersfield Men’s Club (Now the Wethersfield Club)
- Two by the Wethersfield Parish Council
- Two by the Playing field Committee Derek Flannery Playing Field Association)
- One by the Wethersfield Bowls Club
- One by the Wethersfield Garden Club
- One by the Wethersfield Floral Art Club
- One by the Wethersfield History Club
- One by the Wethersfield Wine Club
- Two Co-Operative members, to be appointed by the committee at a duly constituted meeting.
Any new club will be added to the membership of the committee and have representative rights.
The purpose of the committee is the provision of the facility for the inhabitants, which is accomplished through charges and fund raising functions. Additionally Parish Council support is provided.
Minutes of meetings will be posted as soon as possible with an “un-agreed” status, after their agreement at the following meeting their status will be changed.
Please click the links below to view the minutes from each meeting:
|DATE OF MEETING||MEETING TYPE||STATUS|
|June 1st 2011||Management||AGREED|
|August 3rd 2011||AGREED|
|October 5th 2011||AGREED|
|December 11th 2011||AGREED|
|December 11th 2011||Annual General Meeting||UNAGREED|
(you will require the Adobe PDF reader to open these documents. To download it, click here.)