Originally built in 18** the property as can be seen from the road was donated to the residents of Wethersfield by the late Mr G. E Maberly on 16th February 1921 and additional portions by Mrs E. M Maberly on 25th August 1948.
The Parish Council are custodial trustees of the property which was formerly the malting, Malt chamber for the Wethersfield brewery. To the left of the Hall is the brewery house, now know as Hillfoot House.
The Brewery itself stands behind the Village Hall as a domestic property. A little way along Braintree Road is the Brewery Tavern Pub (currently closed) where the beer was sold, while further along outside the old village are some of the workers cottages, know now as Sandhills.
Beneath the Village Hall is the Village Club with separate access along the public footpath that is Old Mill Chase, (to the right of the hall).