Chairman – Mark Taylor 01371 851647 firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary/Bookings – David Foster 01371 850852 email@example.com
Treasurer – Mike Claxton 07721 500790
The hall is available for hire at £7 per hour (£10 for non- parish residents)
Table tennis table available; tables, chairs, crockery available for use outside the hall.
The hall has recently undergone a thorough refurbishment with new toilets and kitchen. A disabled ramp has been provided allowing easy access to the hall from the car park which has been newly resurfaced.
The Village Hall started its life as a club for village residents. It was built by Samuel Courtauld and an inaugural meeting was held on 5 January 1926 to approve a committee. Members of the club paid a monthly subscription.
The club was non-sectarian, non-political and gambling and drinking were not allowed. The hall was reserved on alternate nights from 6.00pm – 9.00pm for men and boys and women and girls.
A billiard table, piano and other items such as a darts board were purchased, and dances, concert parties, whist drives and other entertainments were regularly held.
In 1954 the hall was handed over by Mr Courtauld to a Village Hall Trust, a management committee being responsible for the upkeep and running of the hall. This situation remains to this day and a committee is elected every year at the A.G.M.
The hall is available for hire at modest rates for locals who wish to rent it out for children’s birthday parties, events, parties or to run hobby or exercise classes. Please contact 01371 850852 for current rates and facilities.
Backing onto the hall is the village playing field, run by the Blackmore End Playing Field Committee in close association with the village hall committee. The large field is home to a football team (Great Bradfords FC), pavilion and children’s play area. A registered charity, the BEPFC funds maintenance of the field, buildings and equipment by holding events and hiring the field out to interested parties. Enquiries: 07990 518430.